Factors Affecting Medical Instrument Cleaning
Views : 33
Author : Cleaning Brush
Update time : 2022-07-29 11:57:35
It is clearly stipulated in the relevant codes or standards of hospital disinfection and hospital infection management that the medical instruments used must be thoroughly cleaned before sterilization. Any residual organic matter on medical instruments will hinder the penetration of disinfection and sterilization factors, thus affecting the quality of sterilization. Therefore, cleaning plays a role in removing obstacles to the sterilization of medical instruments. It is a necessary process for the pretreatment of medical instruments and an important link to ensuring the quality of medical instruments' sterilization. However, there are still some misunderstandings and problems in the actual cleaning of instruments, which bring unsafe hidden danger to the sterilization of instruments.
1. It is a common phenomenon that the staff's culture and professional quality are not high in the supply room.
2. Improper treatment and preservation of the equipment after use. The dirt such as blood, pus, and body fluids attached to the surface of the equipment after use cannot be washed with tap water immediately, causing the dirt to dry up on the equipment; The longer the time, the more firm the drying, the greater the difficulty of removal, the timely treatment after the use of equipment, is the key to reduce the difficulty of cleaning, ensure the quality of cleaning. In practical work, medical staff often fail to clean the equipment in time after the completion of the operation and do not keep the contaminated equipment in the container with water to soak or wipe the package with a wet cloth, resulting in blood stains and another dry phenomenon on the equipment is more common.
3. Adverse impact of disinfection before cleaning process Related disinfection technical specifications require that medical devices contaminated with infectious blood, mucus and pus need to change the cleaning process after use, namely disinfection before cleaning. In the past, when the equipment was completely cleaned by hand, the cleaning process of disinfection before cleaning was often used to ensure the safety of the staff. However, this usual workflow is not conducive to cleaning. Because the thermal or chemical disinfection method used in disinfection can cause the protein in the dirt to solidify and make the dirt and the instrument more firmly, which increases the difficulty of cleaning the instrument and affects the cleaning quality of the instrument. Therefore, the workflow of disinfection before cleaning is beneficial to the protection of device cleaners, but it is not conducive to practical operation. The two workflows are contradictory. The reasonable way to solve this problem is to use modern cleaning equipment to clean the equipment, and then for those who cannot be cleaned but need manual cleaning, it depends on the specific situation, and try to reduce the scope of disinfection before cleaning.
4. The basic principle of cleaning agent selection stipulated in the technical specifications of disinfection is to choose according to the composition of pollutants, acid cleaning agent for equipment contaminated by inorganic matter, an alkaline cleaning agent for equipment contaminated by organic matter; Metal instruments mainly choose weak alkaline cleaning agent. It is necessary to use a multi-enzyme cleaning agent to clean instruments contaminated by organic matter, with complex structures and non-smooth surfaces. In practice, it is difficult to choose the corresponding effective cleaning agent according to the nature of the dirt. However, choose low-cost household cleaning agents and chlorine-containing disinfectants such as dishwashing liquid and detergent, which have no effect on organic matter such as blood, pus, and body fluids.
5. The cleaning method of instruments is not standardized. The cleaning method of instruments should be scientific and standardized: classified as initial washing, disinfection, cleaning, rinsing, and drying. However, the current device cleaning, especially manual cleaning, takes "package" as the cleaning unit, without considering the performance, structure, material, and other characteristics of the device. Such washing tissue method is not conducive to the establishment of scientific and standardized washing operation methods and steps, and it is difficult to ensure the quality of cleaning. Instrument cleaning is an important step to ensure the sterilization quality of medical instruments, and its working quality will be paid more and more attention to. Emphasize the treatment of medical equipment every minute link to start, always unremitting, truly for the safety of patients, reduce medical risk, and improve the quality of medical treatment.